Over the last month, I’ve been sharing my favourite holiday music with you, along with thoughts and musings and stories and love. If you missed any, I’ve compiled a list of all 24 here, but I also have a present for you: an acoustic cover I did of Tim Minchin’s White Wine in the Sun, which I opened the series with.
Whether or not you’re religious or celebrate Christmas or surround yourself with family or friends, I hope you have had and continue to have a wonderful winter season, filled with warmth and love.
- White Wine in the Sun and thoughts on Christmas, family, love, and music.
- Silent Night and my favourite Christmas carol as a kid.
- Chiron Beta Prime and a look back at my crazy year of 2011.
- Sleigh Ride and memory and tradition.
- We Need a Little Christmas and the Muppets.
- Hallelujah and memories of my Opa, who passed away 17 years ago.
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and musical covers.
- Another Christmas Song and original Christmas music.
- The Christmas Song and Christmas traditions.
- Elf’s Lament and stress.
- Wintersong and how we portray ourselves online — the things we don’t share.
- 2000 Miles and missing people around Christmas.
- First Snow on Brooklyn, loneliness, and a cover I recorded.
- Carol of the Bells.
- If We Make It Through December and interpreting music.
- Winter Song and life’s ups and downs.
- Christmas Canon and Pachelbel.
- Song for a Winter’s Night and dealing with distance in a digital world.
- ‘Zat You Santa Claus? and a story of Biggles the Chicken.
- O Holy Night.
- Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow and a preview of a story from Azrael’s Stop.
- The Huron Carol.
- What Child is This?
- Baby It’s Cold Outside, my favourite.